This is my first post and it recounts my experience of setting up my blog for the module.
I have used WordPress for two other modules and I was quiet familiar with it, so it was a bit out of my comfort zone to use a different portal. The set-up was a bit confusing because I couldn't use my UCDconnect g-mail account. But once I followed Shane's (our Lecturer) instructions as to how to set up a new account, I was fine. I adjusted the privacy settings and added Shane as an Author. Once in, I chose a template and was delighted to discover that Blog spot is nearly identical to WordPress. I will itemise any differences I encounter.
- A blank page is used instead of a content box for POST
- There seem to be no separate title tab for a new POST
- A blank page is used instead of a content box for PAGE
- there are lots of gadgets to add: PAGES, SEARCH BOX, PHOTOS etc...
- To get back to the dashboard the DESIGN tab is used on the menu bar.
- There doesn't seem to be any facility to TAG search words
Blog spot seems in retrospect a little less design orientated than WordPress, but I have yet to explore it's menu of GADGETS which may make it more integrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment